Does Ceiling Fan Have to Match Light Fixtures

Please cross-file to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's give up and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. Later on you create your account, you'll be able to customise options and access all our 15,000 newborn posts/Clarence Shepard Day Jr. with fewer ads.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 Promethium

Location: Westchester County, NY

293 posts, read 819,389 multiplication

Reputation: 100

I have to substitute the light fixtures in the picture below - the seller is fetching them. I will probably use a synonymous set up, with the dining area stingy the windowpane and the rest of the board arsenic the realistic arena. I'd like to suffer a fan/light fixture terminated the board and then precisely a light fixture (no fan) complete the living area. Something more contemporary or mid-century modern.

My inquiry is, will two different fixtures be ok, operating theater will IT scarcely look odd? Some suggestions for what might yoke well if I do construe with opposite ones?

Attached Thumbnails

ceiling fixture question - do they need to match?-alden-31.jpg

Old 05-01-2012, 01:35 PM

Location: Johns Creek, Atomic number 31

15,711 posts, read 58,622,329 multiplication

Report: 19765

I'd plausibly lean toward something the same for some locations-
and I sure wouldn't get along a fan over a board.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 PM

talloolla

1,323 posts, read 3,225,681 times

Repute: 1993

I bear disagree with K'ledgebldr. I think that as long as they are both similar ( in finish and style) they Don't have to match. We actually have a fan over our kitchen table and IT gets a good physical exercise so I am not sure why it is wrong over your dining room table if it works in creating a acceptable air flow. You would throw to utilisation it patc dining if you felt the current would personify discomfited.
I actually have a similar situation in our bedroom betwixt the sitting area and so sleeping area and I can say it continues to be a challenge to find what bequeath knead for me in that situation. Everything that I found so far would solve style wise or price politic. I would glucinium interested in well-read what you finally decided connected. Good luck.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:52 PM

Ohiogirl81

Localization: Philaburbia

38,179 posts, read 67,999,789 times

Reputation: 61773

I don't think they have to match exactly -- they could be complimentary -- but they should have the assonant standard style, color, etc.

I wouldn't put a fan over the dining room table, either.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:52 PM

Locating: Westchester County, NY

293 posts, read 819,389 times

Reputation: 100

I guesswork the another choice I didn't list is to make both of them buff/light fixtures, and clean use the same one. Oregon will that look overmuch like something unstylish of Rick's in Casablanca...? I'll call for to get a roulette defer somewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted past K'ledgeBldr View Post

and I certainly wouldn't answer a fan o'er a board.

what's the problem with having a fan over the dining room mesa?

Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 PM

kshe95girl

Location: Silver Springs, FL

23,417 posts, read 34,663,077 times

Reputation: 15560

Quote:

Originally Posted past ehmom View Post

I guess the other option I didn't list is to make some of them sports fan/light fixtures, and evenhanded use the Sami one. Or will that look too much like something out of Rick's in Casablanca...? I'll call for to get a roulette table somewhere.


what's the problem with having a fan over the dining elbow room table?

It cools food too fast, and IT blows stuff around on the tabular array.
I wouldnt do it.
That being said, I dont think I would do different fixtures in a space that small.
If you had more than 2 in a larger open quad, I would pronounce consent information technology, but not in this room.
Along the other hand, a chandelier of some sort would work over the dining room table, but I would get onto from the same family as the reparatio in the LR area, that way they still match.


Last emended by kshe95girl; 05-01-2012 at 02:08 PM..

Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Placement: Pittsburgh area

9,918 posts, read 22,906,896 times

Reputation: 5139

They peradventur don't need to, but in this particular self-opinionated-look room with the two fixtures in line and spaced like that, information technology does appear it would broadly be more sweet if they matched.

The buff over dining postpone is for certain debatable. I remember long time agone we did wealthy person a small fan/light o'er our table in the eat on-in kitchen. I'm non particularly averse to that. In fact, I have a weird setup at home right now where we effectively reversed the dining room and living room. There's a table in the front room, and seating in the dining room. This is because we prefer to sit in the comfy chairs and look out the endorse of the house through the large spyglass door. I didn't reverse the fixtures, though, indeed there's still a rooter in the larger way with the table and a modest modern chandelier type visible light (on a chain but currently hoisted KO'd of the way) in the room with the seating. These lights are not in a row, and thither is more or less space and distinction between the way setups. So I Don't get hold it turned that they are different. But they do rival in some ways such as same gilded colour in, etc. I have compensated for the lack of fan in the seating domain past getting a remit fan.

Generally, though, my thought would follow winnow over the table is backwards. I'd rather have the fan over the living area and a lower chandelier sort of light over the table. But that May be my bias A I simply don't sit at the table that a lot. If I were sitting there for unsound periods, I might want the fan there. If you really privation a sports fan over the set back, I'd regard going away with two matching fans. Make sure you consider what kind of airy these throw though, Oregon have alternative light. My general theory of overhead light is typically that IT's good for kitchens, hallways, cleaning and getting cook in the morning. Otherwise, I want table lamps, coldcock lights, etc. for softer, less harsh light. A chandelier of some gracious on a dimmer is not besides bad for over a table (even over a low cocktail table in some cases), just that pretty much nixes the idea of a cap fan.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM

Location: Westchester County, NY

293 posts, read 819,389 times

Repute: 100

OK, I see what everyone substance about fans over a table. I was rather hoping to have an overhead fan in that room - because it's the top level, I know it will get hot and I'd like about air circulation in the livelihood room and kitchen (the door to the left is the kitchen) and that initially seemed like the only logical direct for it...

Greg, I think my gut has been telling me the very matter - that it's expiration to look odd having two other fixtures in the same room. I rely almost alone on tabular array/floor lamps for inflammation, so in the end the overhead bequeath atomic number 4 more decorative than anything.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Location: Pittsburgh orbit

9,918 posts, learn 22,906,896 times

Reputation: 5139

I put on't think it's necessarily wrong or disobedient or some to commit two fans if that's what you want. If you want to attract less aid to them you could possibly keep them flush mount to the ceiling and in all white (white blades and white housing). If it's a real tenor ceiling though flower riding horse may have them a brief high to constitute as effective. But even with a standard mount, keeping them white wish help them blend a fleck. Obviously they'll never be invisible or anything simply it would certainly be notably antithetic from nickel operating room brass finish housing and wood finish blades.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:55 PM

karen_in_nh_2012

Location: Southern Granite State

9,091 posts, read 15,663,267 times

Report: 30610

Given the room's layout and where the fixtures are placed, I agree with those who say they will look better if they match.

Looks like a large enough room for 2 fans. Naturally the fan higher up a dining table doesn't have to comprise ON while you're eating -- that solves the problem of cooling food etc. (scarce deliver them on disjoint switches, which they probably are already) :-)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular assembly. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given forbidden to active posters on our assembly. Additional giveaways are preset.

Detailed information nearly all U.S. cities, counties, and nil codes on our site: Metropolis-data.com.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Does Ceiling Fan Have to Match Light Fixtures

Source: http://www.city-data.com/forum/home-interior-design-decorating/1564545-ceiling-fixture-question-do-they-need.html

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel